Saturday, June 19, 2010

What Nobody Knows....

sitting and seeing what life has brought us
looking in the pool of memories
the good, the bad and the ugly
small smile upon my face, secret almost
because I know something that they don't know
life is what you make it and mine is perfectly wonderful

others looking at me see what they want to see
feeling sorry for me and the life I have led
thinking there should have been something more
needed to do something more, lacking much
should have had something more....
but I know something they don't know
I had it all... and I still do

wealth, fame, material things mean nothing to me at all
family, love and happiness... my kids most important
life is what you make it and I've made mine perfect
maybe not in your eyes, but it's my eyes that count
you can keep your 'important things in life' I have my own
my kids, my family and my friends make me richer than Midas
what nobody knows..... I don't want for anything more

No comments:

Post a Comment