Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Greatest Person I Never Met.....

The greatest person I never met has changed my life more than anyone can say. Most people would automatically assume that it would be a celebrity, world leader, world peace leader, or perhaps someone in a position of authority in our city our community. Most people would be wrong.

This person has changed my life so completely that they will never know. The strongest person, most persistent person and most courageous person that I have ever met has changed me so completely. I have slowly been going in a downward spiral over the last couple of years that I really didn't know I was and when I realized it didn't know how to get out of. Always being happy, however, living in my own little world with very limited friends around me and dealing with myself and my three children has been life until a few short months ago. That's when I realized that no matter how badly I felt and how bad I thought my life was.... I had it all.

The greatest person I never met is currently in the hospital fighting for their life. Even more so than they have this past year. I have cried today.... sobbed is more like it.... for them. All they wanted was to have Christmas. A very great Christmas from what they wrote to me, and I am so very thankful for that. A great family that had a wonderful Christmas that answered one very courageous amazing person's wish. I have been crying today realizing that I feel so sorry for myself over simple little things, and they stands tall and strong in the face of a disease that is determined to defeat them. They battle agonizing pain and put on a smile for family and friends without complaint.

To the greatest person I have never met, I am sending all my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment