Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lazy Day of Almost Summer

It was not my intention to laze about the house all day when I woke up this morning but that is exactly what happened. I was woken up this morning to the sound of my daughter's cat. I could hear it meowing very loudly but I knew it was not in my room. This is an oddity because I have woken up many a time in the middle of the night to a paw tapping my nose, or a cat walking over me, or even better, paws on my cheeks and nose to nose with Mr. Meow.

So I get up out of bed thinking the cat needs food in his dish, which is usually his only concern. He's not in the hallway, not upstairs and no where to be found. I just nicely sit my bottom on the toilet and I hear him meowing again. Hmmmm, he's playing hide and seek? I begin my search one more time but still can't find him. I walk into the kitchen and I hear him meowing again. Where?

"Where are you you little bugger?" "meow" "Here kitty kitty!" "MEOW" "Kitty?" "MEOW MEOW MEOW" Being the smart detective I am, I followed the meows. "KITTY! how did you get outside?"
With a big "MEOW" he jumped up at me , so I had to catch him, snuggled in and began to meow at me. I patted him and the purring began.

I'm not a cat lover, but I felt bad for him. Poor little (HUGE) indoor cat!! So once that was over and I was wide awake without a hope of getting back to sleep, I put in a load of laundry, piled the dishes to get them ready to wash, tidied up the living room and made myself some tea. I sat down in front of the computer to check my emails and decided to go for a walk.

Waited for my youngest bug to wake up and eat breakfast then we headed out for a walk. Beautiful sunny morning, not too hot, not too humid, it was perfect. Then we got home from our walk, I sat down on the sofa and watched movies all day. Haha!! I accomplished so much today!!!

In fact.... I think that load of laundry I started at 5 might still be in the washer. I better go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment